Here is a complete list of the features of MomentumTM.
Many of the features can be disabled or otherwise adjusted to suit your
particular needs. Contact us if you have any
- New! Experimenters can restrict
participation contingent on the student's responses to
- Experimenter can easily create a signup page with available appointment
times through the user-friendly web page.
- Appointment times can be added and deleted whenever necessary from any web
- Experimenter can add multiple simultaneous sessions to the schedule (for
- Experimenter can add a participant directly to the schedule (e.g., if
the subject is contacted by phone).
- It is possible to restrict participation contingent on participation in other
- Experimenter can award a variable amount of credit (e.g., if a session is an atypical length).
- Can easily assign credit in "batch" to many subjects (useful for
- Automatic email reminders are sent to subject the day before an appointment
- Easy links are provided to email subjects who have signed-up for a given
- It is possible to restrict participation contingent on results from a screening session.
- Students are prevented from repeating an experiment (if desired).
- Open appointment times can be automatically deleted from schedule at
specific lead times.
Reports of participation
- Easy web-based assignment of credit or penalty to subjects.
- Credit is reflected immediately in the student's record.
- Credit can be summarized by student name or id number.
- Credit report can be sorted based on courses that the student has selected.
- Earned credit can be allocated among selected courses (the student decides
how to allocate their credits).
- Access to experiment participation reports can be provided to instructors
and other members of the department through password assignments.
- Reports can be viewed on-line, printed, or sent via email
- CSV file output is provided for import into
word processing or spreadsheet programs.
Administrative control (The administrator would be a person at your
- Administrator can add authorized students to the system in
"batch" from course rosters.
- Administrator assigns passwords and experiments to authorized
- Administrator can track usage of pool by individual experimenters.
- Administrator can restrict individual experimenters to a specific number
- Administrator can change passwords, and disable students and experiments.
- Administrator specifies the minimum lead time required for a subject to
cancel an appointment.
- Easy interface provided to permit changes to the greeting on the front page of
your web site.
- Easy interface provided to change the "subject pool rules" and
"frequently asked questions" pages.
- Experiments are displayed in a random order.
- Students can be "members" of the system only if they have a valid email
address of a specific form. (This is an easy way to restrict usage to
members of your institution only.)
- Students can check their upcoming appointments at any time.
- Students can check their credits and past appointments at any time.
- Secondary email addresses allow reminders to be sent to more than one
- Students can easily browse through list of experiments before selecting
- Email confirmations are sent for each sign-up and cancellation.
- Email reminder is sent to subject one day prior to an experiment.
- Students can designate courses to which their experiment credits should be
- Students can easily allocate specific credit amounts to specific courses.
- Students cannot sign up for two experiment appointments at the same time.
- Students are prevented from canceling an experiment within a specified time
of appointment time.
- Students cannot sign up repeatedly for the same experiment (if desired by
- SSL encryption is used to protect all web communications.
- Students can sign-up for experiments only if they are "members".
- Students can become members only if they have a local email address
validated by our software, or if they are added by your administrator.
- Student names and information cannot be seen in public listings
- An appointment can be cancelled only by the student (or the experimenter
- Database information is retained on a security-hardened server and is inaccessible to
- The web site is continuously available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
© 2000 - 2006
Sona Systems, Ltd.